7/14/13

Geekin' It Out!

Almost all summer I was struggling to find something I can 'geek' about until later this afternoon. I didn't realize that it was just in front of me all along!

Since junior year in high school, I made it a 'thing' to run during summer vacation. It was my way to stay active. After a while, it became a habit for me. I also started to lift weights a little bit (5-10 pounds), but never really pushed myself too hard because I was still young back then. Years passed, and I don't think much has changed. Aside from my body's further development, I'm still the full-figured lass that I was.

Now that I'm turning 20 (on July 4th!), I want to start taking my health more seriously. I kinda stopped running in April (just because I was beginning to get bored with the routine) because I wasn't that motivated anymore. I needed a new routine to try out. 

As I was evaluating myself the other day, I realized a few things:

1. I should STOP comparing myself to other people. God blessed me with a strong body most girls aren't fortunate to have.
2. DON'T go for SKINNY. I have an athletic built and I'm keeping it that way. 
3. FLAUNT your assets and not your flaws. Instead of hiding that tummy flab, show off your toned arms instead! I've always hated my belly pooch but instead of worrying about it, I focus on my other assets such as my legs and shoulders! :P
4. It all starts with YOU. The determination, perseverance, will, and strength must all come from you. You have no idea how far you can take yourself in order to be better.
5. It PAYS to sleep early. Trust me.

I hope you can join me on my journey to being fit, fab, and healthy for life! I will be posting and sharing health and fitness tips with you guys, maybe some workout moves, healthy food choices and a whole lot more! :D


"Your body can stand almost anything. It's your mind that you have to convince." 



No comments:

Post a Comment